Okay, British Airways won’t take you to Africa for free, but with a new promotion they’ve announced with partner credit card Chase Visa, they will give you 100,000 bonus miles that can be used to travel to many amazing African gateways, including:
Egypt (Cairo, Hurghada, and Sharm el Sheikh)
South Africa (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth)
Tanzania (Dar Es Salaam)
Zambia (Livingstone, Lusaka)
So how do you get this practically free trip to Africa? By signing up for an unprecedented bonus mile deal: earn 100,000 miles with a new British Airways Visa Signature Card from Chase.
- receive 50,000 miles after your first purchase
- spend $2,000 within three months of opening your card and receive an additional 50,000 miles
- earn 1.25 miles for each $1 spent
- earn 2.5 miles for money spent on BA purchases
- spend $30,000 in a calendar year and you’ll receive a 2-for-1 companion award certificate
- $50 off a British Airways flight if booked before December 31, 2009 (for travel before the end of 2010)
This promo is especially enticing since British Airways offers what they call “Household Accounts.” This means you can combine miles with anyone living at the same address. That makes managing miles SO much easier! You’ll retain your own Executive Club membership but your mileage balances will be combined.
You may use British Airways miles on any OneWorld airline, including:
Other British Airways partners also include:
This British Airways/Chase Visa promo is definitely something to look into, especially if you’ll be traveling to Africa in the coming years. I know that’s how I’ll spend my miles! Apply for the card now.